Brain being the most important part of your body is also the most sensitive part. Any kind of injury caused to brain will always be harmful. Though every brain injury is unique and may require unique attention. These injuries are often very tough to diagnose and treat and the impact can last till a very long time. Understanding the types and levels of brain injury will help you identify how severe the case is and should you hire a brain injury attorney or not.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Concussion: This is the most common and fatal type of brain injury. This type of injury is caused by any kind of blows to the head, a gunshot, a force or violent shaking. A concussion in caused due to the trauma that brain receives due the sudden movement or momentum. A person may lose his consciousness and feel dazed. This type of injury is often fatal and may leave a blood clot forming in the brain. The time it may take to heal can vary between some months to few years.
- Contusion: Contusion occur due to direct blow or impact on the brain. It may leave the person with a bruise or bleeding on the brain. A person may form large or small contusions. The large contusions require surgical treatment.
- Diffuse Axonal: This type of brain injury is often caused by sudden movement or shaking of head mostly in car accidents. The brain structures tear due to the unmoving brain lags behind movement of skull. Due to the tearing of nerve tissues in brain, the injury can cause brain to release chemicals that can worsen the situation. The injury can produce permanent or temporary brain damage or coma.
Acquired Brain Injury
- Anoxia: Anoxia is a brain injury in which the brain does not get enough amount of oxygen and stops to function properly. Therefore, the cells in the brain are not able to function and this can result in failure of brain functioning.
- Hypoxic: When in a brain injury brain receives some oxygen but not enough, the condition of Hypoxic is caused. There may be a lack of blood flow in the brain which may also lead to low blood pressure.
Levels if Brain Injury
- Mild Brain Injury: the person maybe unconscious for a brief period. Testing and scanning reports may show normal functioning of brain. The Glasgow coma scale may range from 13 to 15.
- Moderate Brain Injury: The person may be unconscious for few hours and the confusion may last until There may be some temporary or permanent cognitive impairments. The Glasgow coma scale may range from 9 to 12.
- Severe Brain Injury: these type of brain injuries is most life threatening and harmful. This may result in prolonged hospitalization period, skull damage, permanent impairments and many other cognitive damages.
If the brain injury is caused by an accident it is advisable to hire a brain injury attorney who will help you recover from your loss faster. There are many reputed and experienced Miami brain injury attorney who can help you understand the case and get you all the legal compensation that you deserve.