If you face a need of making a report for a scientific conference, you should know the rules for its preparation.
Preparing a Report for a Scientific Conference
Quite often, researchers have to prepare the theses of a scientific report.
The theses are clearly and consistently formulated basic ideas, thoughts and provisions of the scientific report, communication, articles and other scientific works. They contain materials, positions, categories that the author first introduces into scientific circulation. By the way, experts of writing an essay online tackle these tasks easily, you just need to place an order.
The scope of the thesis is, as a rule, 2-3 pages of typed text through 1.5-2 interval. Another scope is possible, if it is determined by the organizers of the conference or a seminar, on which the author is going to make a presentation or report.
Preparation the Theses of a Scientific Report.
The following rules should be observed:
- correctly (according to requirements) place the author’s surname and his/her initials; if necessary, specify other data that supplements the information about the author (student, postgraduate student, teacher, place of employment or studying);
- clearly state the title of theses of the report, which should reflect the main idea, opinion, position (2-5 words);
- theses should ensure the following sequence: the relevance of the problem; state of development of the problem (listed by scientists, who turned to the development of this problem); the presence of a problem situation, the need for its studying, improvement in view of the current state of its development, implementation; the basic idea, the position, the conclusions of the study, which methods it achieves; the main results of the research, their significance for the development of theory and (or) practice.
References to sources, quotes in theses are rarely used; digital and factual material is often omitted.
The wording of each thesis begins with a new line. Each thesis contains an independent opinion expressed in one or several sentences.
The theses of a scientific report or a message are published, as a rule, before the beginning of the work of a scientific conference or symposium. Upon completion of the work of one or another scientific forum, the best reports and messages can be published in full.
Scientific report is a publicly stated scientific problem. The report includes introduction, main part and conclusions. The introduction substantiates the state of the problem under investigation and the need for its consideration in modern conditions. The main part reveals the main ideas put forward by the author in the development of the existing views. The conclusions formulate recommendations and proposals, implementation of which, in the opinion of the author, will help to solve the problem. If a scientific report is prepared on the basis of published theses, then the author, speaking on a scientific forum with a report or a message, can refer to the thesis and rely only on the main, controversial ideas.
However, there are cases when the full report at the conference is introduced to the audience.
The report is 6-10 pages of typed text. If the report fits in 4-5 pages, then it is called a message.
A speech at the scientific conference has several objectives; it pursues several goals. Firstly, it is an approbation of the main ideas and research results in the scientific community. In essence, such a purpose provides a preliminary examination, checking the value of the entire research or its individual parts. The discussion allows to identify the weaknesses and strengths of the study. Secondly, quite often the statement provides a consolidation of the author’s priority in the results. Thirdly, the communication goal is also pursued, which directs the scientist to transform the topic of his/her research into a subject of scientific discussion, which allows not only to obtain an assessment of the results of colleagues, but also to discover new ideas and approaches during the discussion. In this case, the participants of the conference are used by the author of the speech as a source of information. However, the main thing is that the speech at the conference is the most operational mean of introducing the results of scientific research into the informational field of science. This should be taken into account when constructing a statement, to which it is necessary to pay attention (first of all, to the main idea, the most important results of the research). The performance cannot be overloaded with details. The main attention should be focused on the most interesting things. If after the speech, it begins to be actively discussed, then we can assume that the above goals have been achieved.
There Are Several Types of Reports
- A report, which summarizes the state of affairs and the progress of work for a time, highlights achievements and disadvantages. Reports at seminars, symposiums and conferences provide a presentation of research teams, schools, and public scientific organizations.
- Thematic report, devoted to the expanded presentation of any topic or problem. The views and position of the author play significant role in it.
- Information report, which is informing present listeners about the state of affairs in any field of activity. The purpose of this report is to provide information objectively and comprehensively as much as possible without stating the position of the author.
The report, like any kind of the message, consists of three parts: the introduction, the main part and the conclusion.